Apprenticeship Grants & Loans and Training Grants
If you have been a full, contract manufacturing or small business member of the MTA for at least one year, and your company has an annual turnover of £10million or less, you should be eligible to apply for one of our grants or loans.
- Apprenticeship Grants of up to £4,000 to help you take on an apprentice (£3,000 for the company and a £1,000 travel grant for the apprentice)
- Apprenticeship Loans (interest-free) of £10,000 to help you take on an apprentice
- Training Grants of up to £750 to support Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Along with the application forms, there is further information in the forms below which outline the application criteria for the Training Grants, Apprenticeship Grants and Apprenticeship Loans. This has been laid out and agreed by the MTA Education & Development Committee.
The framework is indicative and for guidance purposes for applicants. If you are in any doubt about whether or not your company qualifies for a grant, please contact Joshua Dugdale by email or call 0207 298 6400.
Please note the grants are allocated based on the criteria of the Trust Funds that the MTA administers. The Education & Development Committee has full discretion, and its decision is final.
You can download application forms below. Please send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flyer for Apprentice Grants and Loans
- Flyers for Training Grants
- Grants and Loans Terms and Conditions
- Apprenticeship Grant Application Form
- Apprenticeship Loan Application Form
- Training Grant Application Form
MTA Education and Development (E&D) Committee
The MTA E&D Committee is to provide input into the running of the MTA in four areas, as follows:
- Oversight and approval of any Apprentice Grant and/or Loan and Training Grant applications.
- Oversight and input to the MACH E&D Zone.
- Judging the entries of the annual MTA TDI Challenge.
- Providing guidance on the direction the MTA should be taking with regards to our E&D work.
The committee meets approximately 2 times a year in locations around the UK with minutes being produced following each meeting. Membership of the committee is open to all MTA members. Current member companies of the E&D committee are as follows: Renishaw, Autodesk, Mills CNC, Siemens, NPL, Eclipse Magnetics, MTC, Sandvik and Heller.
If you are an MTA member and would like to find out more about the work of the E&D Committee and see how you can get involved, then please contact either the MTA’s Head of Technology and Skills, Josh Dugdale on email@example.com or the MTA’s Technology and Skills Manager Sami Ortiz on firstname.lastname@example.org.