A number of MTA members have signed up this exciting campaign which is free to join, could you be the next company to get involved?
What's The 5% Club?
The 5% Club is focused on creating momentum behind the recruitment of apprentices and graduates into the workforce. Its members consist of FTSE350 companies and similar sized companies who want to make a difference and support the UK’s ability to compete in increasingly tough global markets.
Member benefits include:
• Membership of The 5% Club
• Opportunity to showcase corporate responsibility and values commitment through investment in skills/training and employment
• Strategic approval to reprofile and build the workforce, balancing out the young with the experienced
• Association with peers and networking and best practice sharing opportunities with influential stakeholders
• Promotion of their brand on The 5% Club website together with case studies/profiles
• An opportunity to use The 5% Club logo on their own marketing materials both internally and externally
Members are asked to commit to:
• A public declaration to support the achievement of 5% of a company’s overall UK headcount being on a formalised apprentice, sponsored student and/or graduate programme and to simply report on their progress annually in a public document such as the Annual Report
• Companies are asked to commit to reaching the 5% target within a five year period.
Further details can be found here (ATTACHED PDF)