The EAMA would be grateful for your responses to the questions below by Tuesday 20 November in reply to the Engineering Skills Inquiry.
1. Does the current engineering skills base meet the needs of employers? Do employers in the engineering sector prefer an academic or a vocational profile?
2. What impact will recent changes relating to engineering qualifications in England have on the uptake of technical subjects and the skills base needed by the engineering sector?
3. How do the approaches taken by the Devolved Administrations to produce a technically skilled workforce differ to the current approach in England? What are the strengths/weakness of the different approaches?
4. Could the Government and others do more to raise the status of technical subjects?
5. What more should be done to attract and retain a more diverse technically skilled workforce
Email replies please to: email@example.com