19-23 September 2016 at Cranfield University, UK
The EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Ultra Precision will be holding its annual Precision Engineering Industrial Short Course at Cranfield University, UK, 19-23 September 2016. Join us for this highly practical, results orientated five day intensive short course covering the basic principles and state-of-the-art concepts to increase the precision, accuracy and reliability of machine tools and products.
· Gain knowledge to increase the precision, accuracy and reliability of your machines and products
· Gain awareness to help increase the precision and profitability of manufacturing facilities you develop and purchase
· Gain a valuable reference manual from the extensive course documentation
· Find solutions to your ‘real’ design and manufacturing problems from this interactive learning opportunity
· Opportunities for discussion with respected, and internationally recognised precision engineering experts
The course is based on the highly successful short course series developed by Professors Pat McKeown, John Corbett and Paul Shore at Cranfield University. It has previously been provided in Europe, the USA and numerous Asian countries during the last 20 years, and is aimed at engineers working in the machine tool, automotive, aerospace, optics and semiconductor industries.
We are pleased to confirm the following speakers:
· Prof Paul Shore National Physical Laboratory
· Prof. dr. ir. Hans Vermeulen ASML, The Netherlands
· Prof Martin Culpepper Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
· Richard May-Miller formerly of Cranfield Precision
· Paul Morantz Cranfield University
· Dr Xavier Tonnellier Cranfield University
· Dr Renaud Jourdain Cranfield University
· Dr Paul Comley Cranfield University
The course fee of £1,750 includes tuition, course notes, refreshments and lunches and the course dinner, but does not include accommodation. Short Course accommodation packages are available on campus on a bed, breakfast and dinner basis, subject to availability. There are a limited number of accommodation packages, so we advise to book early.