Workshop and presentations to understand better the current situation in India. This Workshop and presentations to understand better the current situation in India. This event is restricted to companies interested in exporting to India. If you are a service provider or intermediary there will be other events organised in future that you will be able to attend.
Benefits for British businesses exporting to India include:
• New Government; New business friendly Policy
• New Make in India Initiative
• New UK Government Business Support for India
• English widely spoken
• Gateway to South East Asian markets
Our case study, Liverpool Football Club,will give us his insight into doing business in India.
Strengths of the Indian market include:
• fast growing economy with one of the world’s largest youth populations
• expanding emerging cities with more than 50 cities now over a million people
• availability of skilled, low cost workforce
• good network of banks, financial institutions and an organised capital market
However, there are many challenges that companies looking at India need to be aware of. The Indian market requires thorough preparation and a long term view.Listen to experts on the market who can advise on market entry strategies and the practicalities of doing business with India.
Date: Tuesday 26 January 2016
Time: 10:30 – 13:30
Liverpool Chamber of Commerce, One Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9HG
10:30 Steve Toogood, Director UKIBC - The India opportunity
11:15 Legal aspects of doing business in India
11:30 Coffee break
11:40 Case Study - Mike Cox, Director of Merchandising, Liverpool Football Club
12:00 Barabara Singleton - UKTI support fo companies
12:15 Q & A session
12:45 buffet lunch