More than a 1,000 finalists representing 54 nations have gathered in Leipzig to show which nations are producing the most skilled young work force. It’s the first Worldskills since London 2011 and the competition is sure to be fierce. Next year, in an exciting new initiative, MACH 2014 will host the Midlands Finals for the some of the engineering based manufacturing Competitions.
The Team UK is made up of talented young engineers who have been intensively training for the last two years to ensure that they are in tip top condition.
In the engineering based manufacturing categories the competitors are:
- Mechanical Engineering: CAD – Andrew Craig of Cardoss, Glasgow
- Mechatronics (Two person team) - David Cargill of Ballyclare, Northern Ireland & James Overend Bellaghy, Northern Ireland
- Sheet MetalWork - Matt Page of Stoke-on-Trent
- Welding - Alastair Wilson of Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire
- Aeronautical Engineering - Ben Tullett, Fleet Hampshire
- CNC Turning - Ben Anderson of Clitheroe, Lancashire
- CNC Milling - Benjamin Shaw of Nottingham
- Manufacturing Team Challenge Competitors - Andrew Maguire, Daniel Gebherd both of Bradford and George Moffat of Skipton.
You can find out more and get involved in this skills spectacular by visiting the dedicated webpage http://www.eal.org.uk/news-for-existing-centres/worldskills-leipzig-2013