The ST-38 is the ideal sliding head solution for complex mill-turn parts within the 40mm diameter range. Star’s flagship model is packed with functionality that enables challenging parts to be processed in one set-up.
Three 10 station turrets allow up to 70 tools to be loaded, each tool can be easily removed with Star’s unique clamping mechanism permitting fast set-up changes. The main spindle’s lower turret includes an independent Z3 axis. This axis allows two different features to be machined simultaneously (Z1 + Z3) using Star’s “super-position” control mode.
An independent turret is utilized on the sub-spindle where components up to 150mm can be processed and front ejected. STAR MOTION CONTROL is also included to minimize idle time and thus further reduce cycle time.
|DIAMETER||38mm / 40mm (OPT)|
|C AXIS||MAIN + SUB SPINDLE|
- Standard machining diameter 38mm (40mm optional)
- Z1 Stroke of 350mm
- Twin turrets on main spindle for balanced turn-mill operations
- Powerful 11.0 Kw main spindle
- Z3 axis enables SUPER-POSITION control for increased overlap
- YA2 axis on sub-spindle enables off-center pick up
- Tool pre-setter included for easy tool set-up
- STAR MOTION CONTROL to minimize idle time
- Independent turret for sub-spindle for maximum overlap