The SW-20 comes equipped with opposing tool posts for simultaneous machining on the main spindle and an 8 station back working platen for overlapped machining on the sub-spindle. The opposing platens can be used to machine different features at the same time by using Star’s unique “super-positioning mode” function and the independent Z3 axis. This enables even shorter cycle times as more operations can be overlapped. Fanuc’s user friendly 31iB5 CNC control ensures programming the three channels is simple and undemanding. In addition the control is equipped with STAR MOTION CONTROL. This function re-formats the cutting program to minimise idle time and further reduce cycle times.
The Y2 axis on the sub-spindle platen allows both cross working and front facing power tools to be mounted.
|DIAMETER||20mm / 22.2mm (OPT)|
|C AXIS||MAIN + SUB SPINDLE|
- Standard machining diameter 20mm (22.2mm OPT)
- Z1 Stroke of 205mm
- High speed main and sub-spindles @ 10,000 rpm
- Same power on main and sub-spindle @ 3.7Kw
- Opposed twin platen for balanced machining on main spindle
- Super-positioning mode with independent Z3 axis
- STAR MOTION CONTROL to minimize idle time
- 8 Station sub-spindle platen for maximum overlapping
- Ergonomic design with up & over door and swing out control