The SX-38 Type A is a versatile, powerful and heavy-duty solution for machining complex mill-turn parts. Combining some of the best features from the SV, ST and SR series, the new SX-38 Type A gives users the opportunity to expand their machining capabilities and maximise productivity.
The main spindle benefits from a gang type tool post and an 10 station turret to enable simultaneous machining operations. The turret includes an independent Z3 axis, this axis allows two different features to be machined simultaneously (Z1 + Z3) using Star’s “super-position” control mode.
Fanuc’s 31i-B5 control delivers full five axis capability enabling highly complex components to be processed. The programmable B-axis on the platen enables angular features to be machined on both the main and sub-spindle.
|DIAMETER||38MM / 42MM (NGB)|
|LENGTH||320MM / 95MM|
|C AXIS||MAIN + SUB SPINDLE|
- Standard machining diameter 38mm (42mm in NGB mode)
- Z1 Stroke of 320mm in Swiss mode
- Z3 axis enables SUPER-POSITION control for increased overlap
- Switchable between guide bush and non-guide bush modes
- Main spindle speed 7,000rpm, sub spindle speed 7,000rpm
- 10 Station turret utilises standard quick-mount Star units
- Programmable B axis for angular machining
- STAR MOTION CONTROL to minimise idle time
- 8 Station sub-spindle platen for maximum overlapping