Innovate UK Smart Grants – open for applications. Closing date: 5 January 2022
Smart is Innovate UK's 'open grant funding' programme. It provides an opportunity for UK registered organisations to apply for a share of up to £25 million to deliver disruptive research and development (R&D) innovations that can significantly impact the UK economy.
All proposals must be business-focused. Applications can come from any area of technology and be applied to any part of the economy, such as, but not exclusively:
- the arts, design and media
- creative industries
- science or engineering
Innovate UK welcomes projects that overlap with the Industrial Strategy grand challenge areas, but this is not a requirement.
The competition opened on Thursday 7 October 2021 and closes on Wednesday 5 January 2022 11:00am
For feasibility studies and industrial research projects, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- up to 70% if you are a micro or small organisation
- up to 60% if you are a medium-sized organisation
- up to 50% if you are a large organisation
For experimental development projects which are nearer to market, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- up to 45% if you are a micro or small organisation
- up to 35% if you are a medium-sized organisation
- up to 25% if you are a large organisation
- Your project must include at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) as the lead or a collaborative grant claiming partner.
- Your project must start by 1 July 2022 and end by 30 June 2025 and follow specific rules dependent on its duration.
- If your project’s duration is 6 to 18 months it: must have total eligible project costs between £100,000 and £500,000. The project can be single or collaborative.
- If your project’s duration is 19 to 36 months, it must: have total eligible project costs between £100,000 and £2 million and be collaborative. Projects with costs which are likely to be up to £3m can still qualify as a permitted exception if the Innovate UK provides prior approval prior to your application being submitted.
If you are looking for assistance making your SMART Grant application, please do get in touch. You can find out more via the link below. Email: email@example.com or call 07918-25944.