Over the past week, there have been a number of other updates and reminders about various issues around Brexit. Those which look to be most relevant to MTA members include:
- HMRC has written to VAT-registered businesses highlighting actions they need to take to prepare for new processes for moving goods between Great Britain and the EU from 1 January 2021. This can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/letters-to-businesses-about-new-trade-arrangements-with-the-eu-from-1-january-2021?utm_source=7f6af1a1-080b-442d-9cfc-0514138f5f9b&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=daily.
- Guidance for providers of further education and apprenticeships: Information to help further education and training providers and employers of apprentices prepare for the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020 can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/guidance-for-providers-of-further-education-and-apprenticeships-during-the-transition-period-and-after-1-january-2021.
- Using your mobile in EU and EEA countries after the UK leaves the EU: New guidance has been published at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-your-mobile-in-eu-and-eea-countries-after-the-uk-leaves-the-eu with information on making phone calls and sending texts to EU and EEA countries after the UK leaves the EU available at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/making-phone-calls-and-sending-texts-to-eu-and-eea-countries-after-the-uk-leaves-the-eu.
- The eCommerce Directive after the transition period: At the end of the transition period, the eCommerce Directive will no longer apply to the UK. Companies should begin to prepare for these changes now and you can find out more at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-ecommerce-directive-after-the-transition-period.
- Using personal data in your business or other organisation after the transition period: Find out what action you need to take regarding data protection and data flows with the EU/EEA after the end of the transition period at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-personal-data-in-your-business-or-other-organisation-after-the-transition-period.