Are you interested in participating in a recruitment event aimed specifically at members of the Cadet Forces?
The event, which is still in the planning, will be;
· On Saturday 11th February 2023 to coincide with Apprenticeship Week
· Open from 1100-1500 (TBC)
· At no cost to exhibiting organisations
· Held on the outer York ring road for ease of access
The aim of the event is to bring members of the Sea Cadets, Army Cadet Force and Air Training Corps from across all of Yorkshire, North and North East Lincolnshire, their adult instructors and parents together with employers who recognise the benefits and work ready life skills that cadets obtain, to discuss career opportunities and apprenticeship placements.
The event is a ‘not for profit’ event hosted and organised by the Yorkshire & Humber Reserve Forces and Cadet Association.
If you are unfamiliar with the Cadet Forces the event will also be an opportunity to learn about the training methods, ethos and environment that allows all young people, irrespective of demographics and academic achievement to develop value adding life’s skills or relevance to employers.
In his 2021 report, Professor Simon Denny said,
‘Analysis of the very large amount of data gathered from cadets, CFAVs, teachers, parents, and employers has identified that participation in the Cadet Forces develops a number of
key attributes in the young people who have been cadets for at least 12 months. These key attributes are’:
· The ability to communicate to diverse audiences
· The ability to lead a group to the achievement of an aim
· Resilience to keep going
· Use Social Skills to archive positive outcomes
· Acceptance of diversity at work
· Personal confidence to utilise key skills
A copy of his report can be read here