The CBI has produced a report: Made in the UK: How manufacturing has a vital role to play in the UK’s growth story.
- full expensing (100% first-year capital allowances) to boost investment
- make Made Smarter a UK-wide programme by 2024
- increase support for SME exports
- apprenticeship levy reform to allow it to be spent on regulated or accredited modular courses
- widen shortage occupation list
- abolish downwards transitional relief and a freeze to the Uniform Business Rate (UBR) for 2023/24
*EAMA is among CBI members urging the organisation to lobby for greater support for manufacturing and advanced engineering.