Following on from our item about the CECIMO General Assembly last week – see https://www.mta.org.uk/resources/cecimo-general-assembly - we have to extra pieces of information and a small correction. Taking the latter first, Marcus Burton’s chairmanship of the CECIMO Economic Committee was actually renewed for two years at the December 2019 meeting and not this year.
CECIMO is the European umbrella organisation for manufacturers of machine tools and related Manufacturing Technologies. The latest issue of their magazine is available to download at https://www.cecimo.eu/newsroom/magazine/ - the theme of this edition is “Manufacturing in times of COVID” and it focuses on how digital solutions can help drive European manufacturing’s recovery following the coronavirus-driven economic crisis. The magazine includes:
- A conversation with Ms Eva Kaili MEP that looks at the challenges the industry faces as the European Union moves forward with its digital and innovation agenda.
- An interview with the European Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights, Mr Nicolas Schmit, in which he addresses the issue of digital skills for the new European labour market.
- Mr Dominique Riquet MEP introduces the parliamentary Intergroup on Long-term, Sustainable Investments and Competitive European Industry to address the steps the EU needs to prioritise to recover stronger from this unprecedented crisis.
- Insights into the European automotive sector that was also the subject of a presentation at the recent General Assembly (see above)
- An overview of the recent developments in other policy areas relevant to our sector
- Updates on EU- funded projects that CECIMO is currently involved in.