Skip to main content

China and working in UK from abroad

We have received the below from Jack Semple of EAMA with regard to engineers travelling overseas:

It is worth reminding Members of the much tougher “traffic light” restrictions on engineers etc.  If they are from an amber-list country, they will have to self-isolate other than being allowed to go to and from their work.  If they are from a red-list country, they will have to apply for government permission even to do that work and may be refused entry to the UK if they do not have that permission, which will be granted for only “essential or emergency work”. 
My understanding is that government is taking a fairly hard line with regard to case-by-case dispensations but further information can be found below in the sections titled “Specialist Technical Workers”