Early this year, the Department for Education launched four new campaigns to support people to develop the skills needed to get good jobs and improve productivity at a local and national level. The campaigns make a great step towards helping both raise the public profile and reframe the narrative on technical education.
To continue this skills revolution and help people gain Skills for Life, the next burst of the four major campaigns has now launched:
- ‘Get the Jump’ brings together all education and training choices for young people to help them decide their next step when they reach 16 and 18. It signposts to new simplified information about all their options on the National Careers Service website.
- The Skills for Life: ‘Unlock your potential’ campaign supports adults to improve their skills and progress within their career or get a new job by bringing together all government backed courses and qualifications available. The campaign signposts to a new website where adults can find out more information about all the options in one place.
- ‘Join the Skills Revolution’ aims to increase SME employers’ awareness and understanding of the benefits of government training and employment schemes, bringing together all offers into a single campaign and website.
- Further Education teacher recruitment – Share Your Skills calls on skilled industry professionals to share their valuable expertise and train the next generation of workers in their field by teaching in further education. Find out more at our new Teach in FE website.
We have refreshed the campaign toolkits for you to use which we also hope you will share via your networks and channels, with your own audiences, staff and customers to help us extend the reach of the campaigns to those people who will benefit most. The toolkits contain key messages, creative assets and suggestions for how you could support these campaigns.
- ‘Get the Jump’ Skills for Life: young people’s campaign toolkit
- ‘Unlock your potential’ Skills for Life: adult skills campaign toolkit
- Join the Skills Revolution: employer skills campaign toolkit
- Share your Skills: FE teacher recruitment campaign toolkit
One further way to get involved is to help us source relevant case studies that we may be able to use within communications. We are particularly interested in hearing from FE teachers, adult learners or young learners who recently completed /are studying an apprenticeship, T Level, BTEC (or equivalent) or Higher Technical Qualification or from employers realising the benefits of technical education in their workplace. Please reach out to the relevant contact details below if you can help.
If you have questions about any of the four campaigns, or would like to share your case studies, please contact the campaign leads below:
- ‘Get The Jump’ campaign – [email protected]
- Skills for Life’ Adult Skills campaign – [email protected]
- Join the Skills Revolution campaign – [email protected]
Further Education Teacher Recruitment – [email protected]