As the international leader in events dedicated to high-precision watchmaking, microtechnology and medicine, EPHJ is the most important annual trade show in Switzerland. From 14 to 17 September 2021 at Geneva-Palexpo, it is set to once again bring together the elite from this industry, which never ceases to innovate.
Geneva, 24 August 2021 – After a somewhat ‘sterile’ year in 2020 due to the COVID-related restrictions, the EPHJ Trade Show has done everything to ensure that this 2021 edition, initially postponed for some months, can now be held in the best possible conditions, given the wider public-health backdrop.
This year, the Trade Show will host more than 500 exhibitors at Palexpo. Large numbers of Swiss and international visitors, mainly from neighbouring countries, have already signed up. From small SMEs to sizeable multinationals, no one wants to miss this “return to normal”. “The convivial and friendly spirit at the EPHJ Trade Show is one of the main factors behind its success”, explains Alexandre Catton, Director of the Trade Show. “Everyone really wants to meet up, reconnect with each other, smile at one other without a screen, have a drink with their clients and do some face to face business.”
EPHJ will therefore be a strong marker of industrial recovery for all these high-precision players. A multitude of innovations are waiting in workshops and research and development offices, as evidenced by the number of applications received for the 2021 Exhibitors’ Grand Prix, which rewards the most brilliant of these new creations. The winner of this competition, elected by their peers, will be announced on 14 September.
Clear rules at the entrance to Palexpo
To access the Trade Show, in compliance with the rules defined by the FOPH, visitors and exhibitors must present an identity document and a valid COVID certificate (in QR Code form) evidencing that they have been vaccinated, previously contracted the disease or been tested. These regulatory precautions will allow visitors and exhibitors not to wear a mask inside the halls if they do not wish to do so.
The evolution of the watch market in focus
Innovation will be at the heart of this 2021 edition, especially during the various Round Tables, thanks to the participation of experts and recognised personalities, according to the following programme:
- 14 September at 2:30 p.m.: “How far will the reconfiguration of the watch market go?” with the participation of Jean-Daniel Pasche, President of the Watchmaking Federation and Philippe Bauer, President of the Convention Patronale de l’Industrie Horlogère
- 15 September at 9:00 a.m.: “The essential role of Research for the future of high precision and watchmaking” with the participation of leaders of CSEM and CNRS
- 15 September at 2:00 p.m.: “Medtech: what are the market opportunities for high-precision players?” with the participation of Benoit Dubuis, director of Campus Biotech and Sébastien Virtel, senior VP of the Acrotec Group.
- 16 September at 10:00 a.m.: “Traceability and sustainability: the new demands of watchmaking on suppliers” with the participation of Antoine de Montmollin, CEO of Metalor and Didier Théraulaz, sustainability advisor at the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie.
- 16 September at 2:00 p.m.: “Laser and additive manufacturing” with Swissphotonics
Beyond these highlights spread throughout the EPHJ week, the heart of the Show’s activity will remain the opportunity to carry out face-to-face business once again and the pleasure of physically presenting the latest innovations. Visitors representing the largest watch and jewellery brands as well as companies using the expertise of micro-precision players will all be present at this rendezvous. Everyone has been waiting for this moment for a long time.
Registration for visitors is free and open on the site www.ephj.ch
See you at Genève-Palexpo, from 14 to 17 September, for the 19th edition of the EPHJ Trade Show.