Because we are an affiliate partner of Make UK, MTA members can access events and webinars being organised by Make UK free of charge. There are two particular events coming up which members might be interested in attending:
- The New EU Trade Deal: Business travel and movement of people: This will be the second in a series of events that will look at unravelling the new EU-UK agreement. In the hour and a half session, attendees will get an overview of what the deal means and the impact it will have on manufacturers, who need to send their UK based employees or the self-employed to the EU on business or for work. The session will also look at the requirements when looking to recruit EU workers arriving in the UK in 2021, navigating the new immigration points-based system. This is being held on Thursday 28th January from 12:00 to 13:30 and you can register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/make-uk-the-new-eu-trade-deal-business-travel-movement-of-people-tickets-137239827017.
- Staying Covid-19 Secure, HSE Compliant and achieving NEW BSI Standards: This is being held on Monday 25th January from 11:00 to 12:30 and the session will deal with the important issues involved in ensuring a Covid-19 secure site. Attendees will receive guidance and best practice tips from Make UK's Health, Safety & Sustainability experts and Make UK members on how to deal with Lockdown 3.0. It will cover ways to proactively mitigating any spread of the virus, keeping your people safe, achieving health & safety standards and navigating the various options of testing for Covid-19 amongst your staff. In December 2020, BSI announced new guidelines for safe working during COVID-19 - ISO/PAS 45005 and the session will also cover this new guidance. You can register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/staying-covid-19-secure-hse-compliant-and-achieving-new-bsi-standards-tickets-136454516131.
If you are registering for Make UK events via your MTA membership, make sure that you click on “affiliate”. There are three other events coming up which you might be interested in:
- 4th February - Making Rules of Origin work for you
- w/c 15th February - Trade with Northern Ireland
- w/c 1st March - Product labelling