Register today for Mastering AM: Sharing User Experience here - http://www.the-mtc.org/event-items/Mastering-AM-Sharing-User-Experience
Date: Wednesday 27 March 2019
Venue: MTC Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre, Ansty Park, Coventry, CV7 9JU. Click here for directions.
Time: 09:00 - 17:30 The event will open at 08:00 for breakfast.
How to register: Please click here to register
About the event:
As the first in a unique series of events supported by the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing (NCAM), practitioners from across the UK’s Additive Manufacturing (AM) sector are invited to share their knowledge and experience. Learn how other AM users are addressing common challenges in application and development. Through a programme of workshops, leading AM users will discuss the practical approaches for the successful and safe industrial implementation of AM. During the event, AM users will be encouraged to openly discuss and share good practice for overcoming barriers which can prevent earlier adoption of AM technology.
Please note this event is for current users of AM technology to learn from and share information with fellow AM practitioners.
For those who are new to AM, we would recommend one of our AM training courses.
The programme of interactive workshops cover the following key areas and will also include practical advice on validation, certification, data management and skills development:
Managing AM feed-stock
- Importance of material quality
- Material specification and procurement
- Material testing
- Powder handling/storage/disposal
- Health & safety
- Facility layout and house keeping
Design for AM
- Review of the able software tools
- Demonstration of the design for AM process
- Case studies showing the benefits and challenges of design for AM
AM process simulation
- How AM process simulation can be used to reduce build failures and improve part quality
AM build process
- Metal AM - Laser powder bed fusion, electron beam powder bed fusion and directed energy deposition
- Polymer AM - vat polymerisation, laser powder bed fusion, jetting and high speed processes
- Addressing issues including:
- Part set-up/supports
- Identifying and dealing with difficult geometry & materials
- Common source of build failures
- Part quality issues
- Part finishing & inspection
- Certification and standards
How to register:
With limited places available be sure to reserve your ticket today.
Delegates will be provided with food and refreshments throughout the day and free parking is available on site.