A New Approach to Managing Common Health Problems at Work
This half-day workshop, delivered by Business Psychologist, Alan Bradshaw, explores the management of common health problems and introduces a new, evidence-based approach called the ‘Health <=> Work Toolbox’.
Common Health Problems (CHPs) such as stress, anxiety and back pain account for a huge proportion of work-related ill-health and absence. Traditional models of Occupational Health and Absence Management have failed to manage these problems.
Absence oﬅen becomes long-term and employees effectively become disabled and unable to return to work. This is hugely costly for organisations and individuals. In this workshop we discuss a radically different approach to managing CHPs which places Line Managers at the centre, enabling people to stay at work or get back to work much quicker.
• What are Common Health Problems (CHPs)?
• Some disturbing facts and stats about CHPs in the UK workforce
• Traditional models of OH and why they have failed
• The Health and Work Questionnaire
• An alternative approach, Alt-OH, and the Health <=> Work Toolbox
• Why and how this approach works
• Taking a peek inside the Toolbox
• Managing CHPs – the key role of managers
• Applications e.g. tackling stress and mental ill-health; the ageing workforce
• How could you use the Toolbox in your organisation?
• Q & A Session
09:00-10:00 Arrival - Tea, Coffee and Networking
10:00-10:10 Introduction & Welcome - Dr. Andrew Mint, PPMA CEO & James Fudge, MTA
10:10-11:15 Workshop begins
11:30-11:45 Coffee break
11:35-12:30 Workshop continues
12:30-13:00 Q&A session
13:00-14:00 Light lunch
For further information please contact Elisha DaCosta on 020 7298 6416
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NIKKEN Innovation Centre Europe (NICE), South Yorkshire S60 5FS 13th November 2018.
Register here - https://www.mta.org.uk/event/wellbeing-event-0