Do you work with employers who hired a new apprentice between 1 October 2021 and 31 January 2022?
If apprentices have an apprenticeship start date between 1 October 2021 and 31 March 2022, employers could be eligible for the £3,000 incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice.
Applications for the incentive payment close on 15 May 2022.
How employers apply
Employers should check their apprentices’ eligibility – they must have:
- an employment start date from 1 October 2021 to 31 January 2022
- an apprenticeship start date from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022
To receive the payment, employers must submit an application for each eligible apprentice using their apprenticeship service account.
Share our step-by-step guide with employers for more information.
When applying for the incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice, employers should make sure they have:
• added the correct PAYE schemes, that they use to pay their apprentices, to their apprenticeship service account, in line with the service terms and conditions
• only applied for eligible apprentices and they have documentation which can validate their claim,
as listed in the apprenticeship funding rules
• checked their training provider has the correct National Insurance Number for each of their apprentices, and that they have included this in their funding submissions
If any information is incorrect, this will delay payments.