We at the MTA understand how important it is to get your message out there both UK wide and overseas. We work alongside the Department for International Trade to promote export and inward investment to global business. We therefore attend many industry shows to both support our members as well as encourage the growth of the MTA through membership and MACH.
We will help your company to locate government funding to support exhibitions. We have an established support office in Russia and a wide range of contacts to help you do business. We also provide access to pavilions at major international exhibitions.
As a Trade Challenge Partner the MTA works with Government to signpost members to the right overseas help for them.
Below are useful links for Members looking for support or export advice.
The Department for International
The Department for International Trade (DIT) helps businesses export, drives inward and outward investment, negotiates market access and trade deals, and champions free trade.
DIT is responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us. We encourage and support businesses to export and grow into global markets. We have International Trade and e-Commerce advisers who support businesses one-to-one with dedicated and impartial advice. By working with us you will have access to funding (for eligible companies only), live business opportunities, exclusive virtual trade missions and events which help businesses to develop and innovate their business.
DIT offers a number of services to help businesses take advantage of the opportunities selling overseas can bring. These include:
- Tailored and sector specific events and virtual trade missions which can be found on www.events.great.gov.uk
- The Export Academy which is aims to give small and micro-businesses the know-how to sell to customers around the world with confidence.
- Access to finance and insurance from UK Export Finance (UKEF), the UK’s export credit agency
- Advice on selling online via e-Marketplaces
- The ability to search thousands of current export opportunities available around the globe
- Funding for eligible businesses as part of the DIT Internationalisation Fund which can be accessed via your local DIT office.
- The Brexit Checker Tool which will help you to get a personalised list of actions for you, your business and your family.
- The Check How to Export Goods tool provides information for UK exporters about duties, rules of origin, customs procedures and the UK border for over 160 markets around the world.
Visit great.gov.uk to find useful guidance and information on how you can get started with international trade.
To find out more and to book a meeting with an International Trade or e-Commerce Adviser, find contact details for your local trade office here or follow us on Twitter @tradegovuk.
Further business advice for UK exporters can be found on the Open to Export website.
MTA members can also access advice from the Institute of Export and Intertional Trade. Full details are on their website and you can quote MTA membership number: 168586.
The MTA Is Working Hard With Its Membership To Help Raise Their Profiles in Key Export Markets
Please see below the exhibitions which we are looking to host and support a UK pavilion.
The MTA also work closely with the Engineering Industries Alliance to secure funding and promote engineering overseas.
For further information on exhibiting please contact:
James Fudge - Head of Events & Member Services
T: +44 (0)20 7298 6400
Funding Opportunities for Overseas Trade Shows
The MTA have also been successful in securing funding from the Department of Trade & Investment (DIT). Please click on the document below for all the shows for 2018-2019.
For further funding information please contact:
Karen Finegold - International Adviser
T: +44 (0) 20 7298 6400