The MTA understand how important it is to get your message out there both UK wide and overseas. We work alongside the Department for International Trade to promote export and inward investment to global business. We therefore attend many industry shows to both support our members as well as encourage the growth of the MTA through membership and MACH.
We will help your company to locate government funding to support exhibitions. We have an established support office in Russia and a wide range of contacts to help you do business. We also provide access to pavilions at major international exhibitions.
As a Trade Challenge Partner the MTA works with Government to signpost members to the right overseas help for them.
Below are useful links for Members looking for support or export advice.
The Institute of Export & International Trade
MTA members can also access advice from the Institute of Export and International Trade. Full details are on their website and you can quote MTA membership number: 168586.
The Department for International Trade
The Department for International Trade (DIT) helps businesses export, drives inward and outward investment, negotiates market access and trade deals, and champions free trade. Visit great.gov.uk to find useful guidance and information on how you can get started with international trade.
DIT is responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us. We encourage and support businesses to export and grow into global markets. We have International Trade and e-Commerce advisers who support businesses one-to-one with dedicated and impartial advice. By working with us you will have access to funding (for eligible companies only), live business opportunities, exclusive virtual trade missions and events which help businesses to develop and innovate their business.
DIT offers a number of services to help businesses take advantage of the opportunities selling overseas can bring. These include:
- Tailored and sector specific events and virtual trade missions which can be found on http://www.events.great.gov.uk/
- The Export Academy which is aims to give small and micro-businesses the know-how to sell to customers around the world with confidence.
- Access to finance and insurance from UK Export Finance (UKEF), the UK’s export credit agency
- Advice on selling online via e-Marketplaces
- The ability to search thousands of current export opportunities available around the globe
- Funding for eligible businesses as part of the DIT Internationalisation Fund which can be accessed via your local DIT office.
- The Brexit Checker Tool which will help you to get a personalised list of actions for you, your business and your family.
- The Check How to Export Goods tool provides information for UK exporters about duties, rules of origin, customs procedures and the UK border for over 160 markets around the world.
To find out more and to book a meeting with an International Trade or e-Commerce Adviser, find contact details for your local trade office here or follow us on Twitter @tradegovuk.
- The latest HMRC letters to VAT-registered businesses in Great Britain trading with the EU https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/letters-to-businesses-about-importing-and-exporting-goods-between-great-britain-and-the-eu
- SME Brexit Fund - https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/kWA6CvQ5AcynMmsrRi5N?domain=eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com
- Step by steps
- Rules of Origin guidance has also been updated with an interactive re-exporting tool for traders https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hmrc-brexit-transition-communications-resources/importing-from-and-re-exporting-union-goods-to-the-eu-flowchart-accessible-version
Further business advice for UK exporters can be found on the Open to Export website.
The MTA is working with its Members to help raise their profiles in key export markets
The MTA have been successful in securing funding from the Department of Trade & Investment (DIT). Please contact us for details of all the shows we are planning to attend.
The MTA work closely with the Engineering Industries Alliance to secure funding and promote engineering overseas.
For further information on exhibiting please contact James Fudge, Head of Events & Membership (email@example.com) or for further funding information please contact Karen Finegold, International Adviser (firstname.lastname@example.org)